- CFI-JELF: Call for Expression of Interest is internal.
Local and UWindsor internal grants
- New Faculty Publication Support Fund for new faculty to in their first 4 years
- NSERC CGS-M, for Master's program
- Annual deadline on Dec. 1
- OGS, Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST)
- Deadline is school-dependent, UWindsor deadline is Jan. 10th for 2020.
- Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario, Graduate student scholarship
- Annual call for application around Nov.-Dec.
- Please contact the PI for potential research projects.
- Going Above and Beyond in Research Award for UWindsor students
- Nominated by PI in February to the Dean of Science
- To recognize and reward students, research associates and post-doctoral fellows whose research has been outstanding and who have made significant strides both at the national and international levels.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship for Canadian and international students
- Opens early July
- $50K per year for up to three years
- competitive, 2 NSERC, 1 CIHR 2 SSHRC for UWindsor.
- Department entrance scholarship
- $1000 value
- Requires submission of a <1,000 words write up.
- Chemistry Research Internship Program (CRISP)
- Open to new students to the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Despite the name "Chemistry", Biochemistry stream students are equally eligible.
- Outstanding scholar
- Open to first and second year undergraduates
- NSERC-USRA: NSERC Undergraduate Research Award
- The deadline for 2020 call for application is Jan 23rd, 2020
- Award is $4,500 from NSERC with >=$1,125 contribution from the supervisor for 16 weeks.
- GPA is the main criteria, usually shall be 90%+
- Going Above and Beyond in Research Award
- For doctoral level mainly but it is possible for a distinguished undergraduate student who produces great publication can be nominated.
- Work-study opportunities
- Canadian summer jobs
- Thesis award for CHEM-4900
- Tuck Alumni Award ($500; given to the student with the highest grade for her/his CHEM-4900 research project in Chemistry)
- Hutnik Research Award ($500; given to the student with the highest grade for her/his CHEM-4900 research project in Biochemistry)
- Mutus Materials Award ($500; given to the best materials-related CHEM-4900 research project and thesis)
International graduate students
- Vanier Canada Graudate Scholarship
Medical school students
- SWORP: Schulich UWindsor Opportunites for Research Excellence Program
- The program aim to enrich medical education for Schulich Windsor Campus to engage in a research project in health-related area.
- The 2020 call for proposal is around Nov. to Dec.
- Award is $5000 for 18 months
- BUCHI Scholar Award, for high-achieving product users across the pharmaceutical, food & beverage, feed, environmental and chemical industries.